Submitting performance data
If you're not getting the performance you expect out of Velogic Studio, a great first step is to submit some performance data to our support team.
If our support team asks you for performance data, here's what you should do:
- Sign into Velogic Studio as normal.
- Get to the place in the application where you're having performance problems.
- Press the F12 key on your keyboard. This will open the "Tools" window.
The "Tools" window is really for internal use, so we haven't made it look nice! Sorry.
- Click on the "Performance" tab:
- Click the "Collect perfomance data" button. The first time you do this, it may take a few minutes to configure itself.
- Eventually you should see:
- Leaving the "Tools" window open (you can move it to a different screen or make it smaller), go back to Velogic Studio and do whatever task wasn't performing well (e.g. capturing, comparing video, generating a report).
- When you've done that task, come back to the Tools window and click "Stop collecting"
The performance data can be large - approximately 1MB per second of collection. If you don't have good internet connectivity, try to limit the time you collect performance data.
- After you click "Stop collecting", it will take several seconds to prepare the data for submission. When the data is ready, you will see:
- Click "Submit to support".
The data that is submitted is purely technical, telling us how long particular parts of Velogic Studio are taking to execute. It contains no user data, aside from your email address.
- When the data has been submitted (uploaded) to our servers, the performance tab will return to the initial mode, just showing the "Collect performance data" button.
You can now close the Tools window.
Our support team will be notified of the file, and will analyse it and get in touch with you via email.
Thankyou for your help in making Velogic Studio awesome.
Troubleshooting Velogic Studio
If you can’t get any information at all from the Kinect, or the Kinect is disconnecting: check out our hardware compatibility guide and Kinect camera troubleshooting guide first. Once you're sure that the Kinect is working fine (i.e. the Kinect ...
Reports are automatically created once you have at least two captures. 3D Aero report screen You can fill in the comments on this page or go into the word file. "Open Folder" takes you to the folder with all the data, you will find both MS Word and ...
The bike fit process
Step 1: Configuration and rider details After starting Velogic Studio (and optionally signing in, if you haven’t signed in recently), you'll see Step 1: Step 1 is for you to get all setup prior to the fit session commencing.lThe client name, email ...
Recommended computers for Velogic Studio
We are often asked whether a particular computer is likely to work with the high USB requirements of the Kinect camera. This page documents a couple of systems that are known to work, at different price points. Entry level: Dell Latitude 7490 This ...
Capturing a position
When you are not taking a capture, the values shown in the Metrics field are "free-rolling" - continuously updating on a 3s rolling average basis. This is useful for technique discussion. To begin recording information about a position, press the ...